- 1 Posts
Have Samsung Galaxy Centura SCH-S738C, android 4.0.4.
More and more my device is hanging (usually locking-up) - multiple times daily. I have installed many apps and removed a few. I thought they were to blame but no longer think that because the problem is across the board and I usually use "top developers."
This is my first smart phone but I've been a computer "power user" since 1985. Never seen this. Do not understand this.
I'm seeing complaints on different forums about Samsung in general. Due to unfortunate circumstances, this is my ONLY "computer" for now and is essential to me. I cannot buy another model at this time.
I constantly use Battery Doctor to close programs running in the background and CleanSweep One-Tap Boost to free memory. No help.
Any thoughts? Thanks!
Posted via Android Central App
- 07-08-2014, 04:02 AM #2
Welcome to Android Central! There are probably a number of factors:
1. The Centura is a low-end phone with a single-core CPU and only 512 MB of system RAM. As apps become bigger and more demanding of CPU power and RAM, devices like this one become less able to handle them, leading to glitches, freezes, and crashes. In order to have smoother performance, it is generally best to have at least a dual-core CPU and 1 GB of system RAM.
2. How many apps is "many apps"? If you have a lot of apps that try to compete for your limited system RAM, that could also lead to slow performance or freezing. If there are apps that you never or rarely use, uninstall them.
3. Task killers and memory boosters are usually not that helpful, and potentially counter-productive. I would stop using them, and just uninstall them, since they also take up system RAM. For more info on RAM, see these articles: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central and http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...m-android.html
4. Corrupt SD cards can cause problems. Try unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2014, 01:59 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2014, 08:53 PM
- By Puneet Kohli in forum Android GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 07-05-2014, 05:30 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-04-2014, 10:27 AM
- By LukeJM93 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 0Last Post: 07-04-2014, 05:44 AM