Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 power button problem-phone shuts down itself

Hi all I am new to this forum and I am in a serious trouble. Please help me guys.

I bought my nexus 5 from canada through my colleague, I got it in my hands on 4th of May .I live in Chennai,India. I ve been using this device for three months and now I have a serious issue. The device shuts down itself (like how it turns off when power key is long pressed). It started yesterday afternoon where initially it gave incorrect touch options and behaved unusually like notification sounds didn't work (no sound from the loudspeaker even when playing music) I thought restarting would fix it. I made a restart and it did not allow me to get past the google boot screen. It simply restarts again and again after the google logo. At some restarts it takes me to the slide screen and it turns off . Took my phone to an authorised lg service center they examined the phone and said the lock key has a manufacturing defect and the key intermittently turns off and on by itself.. I never dropped my phone and I never exposed it to water. I hardly use the lock key to unlock the screen as the capdase case I use unlocks the screen automatically when I open the cover and al I have to do is to slide the screen to get in. Now the lg care told me the phone has no international service warranty and they cannot do a service. They advised me to contact google store. The guy from service opened the device to examine the defect he made some minute scratches at the back case. I contacted Google play store they told me to ship the device to Mumbai to get examined. The google play customer care is also not sure whether they will give a replacement.
    I mailed them the order details and waiting for a reply from google. I left the phone untouched for 3 hours and out of curiosity tried switching on again. This time it acted normal. It tookme to the home page I went past the swipe screen. It was normal until I tried playing music. To my bad luck loudspeaker is not working and also I can see a white light bleed at the left hand top corner. I accidentally touched the lock screen and it showed the power key options and it turned off.I seriously need a replacement now I have never mishandled the phone and I ve never dropped it too.. Until yesterday it was soo new and now it won't get past the google logo, speaker isn't working . After Lg care opened the device I can see a huge light bleed at the left hand top corner just above the volume rocker buttons. Will I get a replacement for my device for this issue..? ? The device is no more looking like a new one. I seriously miss my nexus 5 that too everything happened in three months . I am damn sure it was not dropped anywhere. Who should I approach to get my issue fixed, kindly help me guys

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and also please forgive me for the grammatical mistakes I made at some places.

Global Posts
    5,333 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Nexus 5 power button problem-phone shuts down itself

At this point it looks like it all depends on Google to do something for you.
    Have faith and hope they come through.

Just out of curiosity, did you do a factory reset to see if that worked?

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Nexus 5 power button problem-phone shuts down itself

Thanks a lot for the quick response. .yes I did try, it stays on that screen for a fraction of second and again it restarts. Looks like the power key is completely set to on state,so it keeps rebooting itself.