Samsung S4 Active Chocolate Milk Incident

A

AC Question

Hello All.

I bought this phone almost exactly a year ago, because the commercials made it seem "Whatever Proof". Fast forward to this morning where my phone ended up with groceries including an open and leaking bottle of chocolate milk. We were at a 4th of July parade so I didn't notice for around 1 hour, possibly less. Not thinking otherwise, I wiped off the screen, and my phone still worked, as I had expected it to, thanks to the "Whatever Proof" claims. Everything worked perfectly...messaging, camera, internet, until it started running low on battery and I tried to charge it. It did not charge and has not charged since. It has now been off power for the past 45 minutes. I started looking online when it became apparent that I missed the ball on removing everything and drying it. Any hopes at this point?

Thanks in advance!

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello All.

I bought this phone almost exactly a year ago, because the commercials made it seem "Whatever Proof". Fast forward to this morning where my phone ended up with groceries including an open and leaking bottle of chocolate milk. We were at a 4th of July parade so I didn't notice for around 1 hour, possibly less. Not thinking otherwise, I wiped off the screen, and my phone still worked, as I had expected it to, thanks to the "Whatever Proof" claims. Everything worked perfectly...messaging, camera, internet, until it started running low on battery and I tried to charge it. It did not charge and has not charged since. It has now been off power for the past 45 minutes. I started looking online when it became apparent that I missed the ball on removing everything and drying it. Any hopes at this point?

Thanks in advance!

It isn't "Whatever Proof" It is water resistant. Chocolate milk has other stuff other then "water"

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Oh I know they have those ads but it really isn't "Whatever Proof" because that screen will shatter if you drop it ... It basically more rugged where you shouldn't be afraid of being in the Rain with your phone in your pocket. IP67 is it's rating and it is Water resistant

I do believe it is Dust proof with that rating but don't quote me on that ...

gatorgirl7455

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I was able to leave the phone in rice for a few days. After that, I used a sewing needle and a bright white light to carefully scrape the dried up chocolate milk. After many failed attempts, it finally started charging. Yay!