Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Severe lag with Galaxy S5 after transferring messages from previous iPhone

Hello peeps!

I recently decided to join the dark side and switch from iPhone to Android. While the cast majority of the experience has been incredibly pleasant the sms situation is a nightmare. From what I've read the native app for the S5 doesn't cope with significant amounts of texts like the iPhone does, which is a pain in the backside but regardless I need to try and resolve the issue. As far as I know I'm sitting on around 75000 (ikr) messages, which is insane. I'm happy to cut that back significantly and have activated the setting to delete messages in threads. I've set it to keep the last 50.

The issue is it doesn't actually seem to be working. I'm still stuck on 75k worth of messages.

If anyone could give me some advice as to how I can cut those messages down to a reasonable number or even why the setting itself doesn't seem to be working it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Cheers,

PlimpyD