Help syncing accounts to Android

wizuriel

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I just got an Android phone from being a Windows Phone user and right now having a really hard time syncing my accounts with the android device.

With my windows phone when I added a new contact 90% of the time I would do it through Facebook and link it with a good account to edit in an email address. So right I would say less than 50% of my contacts transferred over from windows phone to android. I tried syncing with Facebook but that seemed to have done nothing.

Likewise I can't get my Facebook calendar to sync with the Android one. So is there some trick to get Android to play nicely with Facebook? Haven't even started with Twitter or Linkedin yet :S

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would help to know which phone you have. Not all Android phones have software that will import your Facebook contacts into the main People app. This isn't possible on the Nexus 5, but I think it is possible on the HTC One. I haven't found any 3rd party apps that can import Facebook contacts--I think they will only import the contacts' thumbnail pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC