Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Check file systems in android?

How to check/change file system of my android phone and my sdcard from android? (my phone is galaxy s4 and its not rooted). This is basic information that I expect to have every self respecting OS, what do you think ? Also how can I format my sd card to exfat which is faster as I heard ?

Default Re: Check file systems in android?

I'm not sure exactly how much detailed information your looking for but any common file manager like ES File Explorer or equivalent will provide most common details of your file system. As for formatting and changing your file system on the SDCARD, I can't point your in any real direction there but I can almost bet IF IT IS possible it might require a rooted device and custom tinkering of the ROM (custom OS) to change it.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Check file systems in android?

I have ES file explorer and I dont see where to check what is my file system (fat32, exfat , ntfs, ext3 ...)