Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Selfie camera not working for HTC one M8.

I bought my htc one m8 2 months ago.The selfie camera used to work,now it doesn't.I can't even click on the selfie button,when i go into dual mode the front camera appears black in colour and i can't take any photos using the dual camera anymore.My front camera works fine.I don't normally use the selfie mode so i don't know if the system updates affected the mode.My phone is updated to the newest system update.

Global Posts
    21,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Selfie camera not working for HTC one M8.

So the front camera works for say, a video call in Hangouts?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I'm having the SAME exact problem. I believe it stopped working after a system update. I have tried a wipe/restore twice with no success. Sprint/HTC have not been any help either.

Front camera does not work in other apps either. For example, Snapchat will switch between the 2 different rear cameras, instead of the front and rear. Hangouts show a blank screen.

Anyone have a solution?

I have the same problem. It went wrong after the update

Mine has now stopped also after this update. Is there nothing can be done before I'm made to pay a ridiculous excess on my insurance? For what is essentially a manufacturer's fault

Only had my phone a few days maybe a week and now the front camera doesn't work after the update? Seriously? Hopefully a fix will happen soon

My Selfie Capture mode has also disappeared after the last update. Not cool.

Global Posts
    4,436 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Coffey1 View Post
    Mine has now stopped also after this update. Is there nothing can be done before I'm made to pay a ridiculous excess on my insurance? For what is essentially a manufacturer's fault
    In most places, the warranty on an OTA update starts on the date of the update, not the date you bought the phone. IOW, if they broke it, they get to fix it - free. (The liability laws in the US - all 50 states - make breaking something the liability of whoever broke it.) I've had more than one phone replaced because of bad update. (Most of the time, the carrier will reflash the update and everything will be fine, but if that doesn't fix it, they have to do something to "make you whole", even if that means replacing the phone. And if it's the fault of a badly-written update, and you push hard enough, you might even be able to swap to a different phone with no charge. They can't absolve themselves of liability - it's statutory.)

Please someone help, i got the same issue, i would appreciate it so much, greettings from Peru

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I bought my htc one m8 2 months ago.The selfie camera used to work,now it doesn't.I can't even click on the selfie button,when i go into dual mode the front camera appears black in colour and i can't take any photos using the dual camera anymore.My front camera works fine.I don't normally use the selfie mode so i don't know if the system updates affected the mode.My phone is updated to the newest system update.
    Hi, nice to meet you I have the same problem, did you solve it? Thank you

Hi, nice to meet you I have the same problem, did you solve it?Thanks

Hi, nice to meet you I have the same problem, did you solve it? Thanks