Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    StardustGalaxy

Default s5 uninstalled game app still running and draining battery, help!

Sims freeplay or something left behind from it is still running when I look in my battery log. It is running as "com.ea.games. simsfreeplay_na" I tap on it and the force stop and report buttons are grayed out. Also package a cess helper is running, both at 29% of my battery. Drained my phone over night and when I woke up my phone was very hot. How do I fix this?

Default Re: s5 uninstalled game app still running and draining battery, help!

Have you rebooted the phone since uninstalling Sims? Someone else may have a better option to weed out what exactly is left behind and remove it but on the other hand it might come down to doing a factory reset to clean out whatever it is that was left behind.

You could also try booting into your recovery and wiping cache and see if that helps.

Yes I tried restarting, and also completely tuning off my phone and removing the battery. It's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by StardustGalaxy View Post
    Yes I tried restarting, and also completely tuning off my phone and removing the battery. It's still there.
    Not just a restart but a soft reset. Normally that's holding the power button in until the phone restarts like 15 seconds or so. Also, is the app still listed in your app list on your phone?

Hello has anyone found a solution to this problem yet I have the same phone have done the same thing and have the same problem only had the phone 4 days and I thought my battery was faulty then I realised this is what was draining massive amounts of battery Cheers Danny

Yup guyz...just install back the game and open the game in setting > general > application manager > sims freeplay, then you should 'clear cache' and 'stop force' from there. After that, please 'uninstall' the game. Wait for a while until the process is complete. Then restart your HP and open setting > general > battery, you should seen the process for ea.sims..bla..bla.. is gone. Good luck.