Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 contact list

When I go into my contacts it only has a list of all the names, theyre pretty small and close together since theres no pictures next to them and its kind of a pain. I have pictures saved for a lot of my contacts and I cant figure out how to make them show up on the list again, anybody know where that setting is?

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 contact list

I have the same problem.
    It started (by coincidence?) after the 4.4.2 update I just downloaded a week ago.
    I sort of "semi-fixed" it with "Open Contacts Free" app.
    Now, 75% of the time, its back to the name & pictures displayed.

I need a permanent solution though.

remove and re-insert your sd card, worked for me anyway

Has anyone else seen this issue? I am having th esame problem, it started about 24 hours ago. I do not have an sd card to remove and then re-install.
    thanks,
    Gary

Global Posts
    20,120 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

I don't have a fix for all the pictures at once, but if you edit the contact and press the icon (where the picture would be, to the right of the name), you'll gert a menu to take a picture or to use one already in the phone. If you have a lot of contacts, it's a lot of work.

Why did it happen? No idea. It didn't on my Note 3 when it updated to 4.4.2.

Thank you FrannieeGracee. Reseating the SD card worked for me. No idea what caused this. Contacts looks normal last night, with a small photo or "blank head" next to each. This morning they looked like a textfile.

I fixed it by going to Settings -> Application Manager. Swipe to the All page. Click on Contacts. Then click on Clear Data.

Cool Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 contact list

Just did a power off. Ejected SD card and reset in place and rebooted. OK now.

I had the same problem with my contact list it went from having picture icon to list of names what I did was pull up my contact list. Push the menu on the bottom left of your phone go to the one that says contact via....not sure the exact wording but once you've opened it go to the top of screen and hit cancel. Close it out then reopen contacts and thats how I changed mine back. Not sure it will work the same for you but its worth trying. Hope I could help!