Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default HTC dead after wiping from recovery

Urgent help me!!
    I use HTC One mini. I've unlocked bootloader and installed CWM recovery , Using Wipe options from Recovery, i might deleted all data from my phone using following option . wipe data/factory reset - Yes- wipe all user data . now my phone's OS is not boot. i'm just seeing "HTC" on screen But i'm able to enter bootloader.

Default Re: HTC dead after wiping from recovery

If you can get it to mount to your computer via CWM recovery then you can move over a new ROM to flash. Last I remember though the option to wipe data/factory reset should NOT wipe your entire device. It should only wipe data, cache, dalvik cache but not cripple the device. Basically its the same as doing a factory reset from within Settings in Android, it resets things but doesn't actually format the device removing the OS, etc.

Are you sure you didn't check/select or pick the option to format?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

Tnaks Paul for your great info. I think so that its the same as doing a factory reset from within Settings in Android. but why doesn't its OS boot?

Do i need change recovery CWM to TWRP ? yeah I'm sure I didn't pick/check format option.

No you don't need to change recoveries unless you want to but from within CWM it should have an option like a built in file explorer (TWRP has one). If you do can you see if your device was indeed wiped, like internal storage, etc. ?

Next if everything was wiped and you have no ROM on the device to flash you will need to mount the device either thru the recovery option or by using ADB and push a new ROM & kernel over to flash.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:
    mmhimel likes this.

What should i mount ?
    mount/ cache or
    mount/ data or
    mount/ system ?

Actually I'm new user. could you please tell me how to mount device thru the recovery option? i want my phone back.
    Last edited by mmhimel; 07-05-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Sorry didn't get back to you sooner on this. Any further luck?

As for mounting there should be an option to mount internal storage or /sdcard/. That would be your ticket to placing a new ROM on your device to flash.
    Paul