Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Advertising my first app.

Hello friends!
    About 2 months ago, I got interested in Android App Development. Having no Java experience, I looked around the internet for tutorials on it.
    Fast forward to today and here I am, able to make some basic yet useful applications. I've been thinking about making a few bucks by in-app advertising and in-app purchases. I have a few questions:

1) Do you think it is advisable to put ads in my app (It'll be my first app)? What if the number of downloads are pretty good?
    2 How many downloads should I have on my app so as to put ads in my app successfully?
    3) Is admob free? Are there any fees that I have to pay so as to get ads on my app?
    4) How, where and which type of adds will I get for my app? Is there some specific procedure to go through so as to add advertisements to my app?
    5) How am I supposed to get people/companies to advertise in my app? Or does admob do this and how do I get paid?

Answers to the above questions and a basic step-by-step (along with all the money I have to pay for ads) mini tutorial of how advertising should be done would be very helpful

Thanks in advance

p.s. This site is awesome :"D

Global Posts
    4,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: Advertising my first app.

Hello.

1. An ad here and there is okay. Make sure it doesn't get in the way of the app's functionality. If the number of downloads is high, then you should theoretically be able to obtain more income.
    2. Some ad services require a certain amount of downloads before allowing you to put their ads in your app. You should check to see if they have a FAQ or something similar.
    3. Admob is free.
    4.The ads usually correspond with the user. Admob is by Google, so I would imagine the ads will be relevant to their Google search results.
    5. I would check their help desk: https://support.google.com/admob/faq/2994346?hl=en

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

I am an end user and have a bad habit of wanting to know what the bottom line cost of an application is before buying. Seems like in-app with no cost is getting to be the morn and hence annoying. Tell the user up front the cost of the investment instead of hiding our burying the cost in the application. I have done in-app, but not with joy.

Sent via my Note 8
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks so much for helping me out.
    So let me confirm once again:
    I make an app. I put ads in it. I put it on the Play Store. If things set in, I get income, right?
    And the only money that I have to pay for all this is the $29 Google Developer fees, right? Or do I have to pay companies to get ads from them(sorry but I read about this somewhere and couldn't get much info on it)?

Again, thanks so much, people

Global Posts
    4,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by shraey chikker View Post
    Thanks so much for helping me out.
    So let me confirm once again:
    I make an app. I put ads in it. I put it on the Play Store. If things set in, I get income, right?
    And the only money that I have to pay for all this is the $29 Google Developer fees, right? Or do I have to pay companies to get ads from them(sorry but I read about this somewhere and couldn't get much info on it)?

Again, thanks so much, people
    You don't pay for the ads. Google will take care of that.

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    You don't pay for the ads. Google will take care of that.
    Ohkay
    Thank you all for answering my questions
    Peace.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Also, I'd like to ask that which is a safer and better bet: admob or revmob?
    What do you use? And do I have to pay any fees for advertising revmob?

Global Posts
    4,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by shraey chikker View Post
    Also, I'd like to ask that which is a safer and better bet: admob or revmob?
    What do you use? And do I have to pay any fees for advertising revmob?
    Either one is good. You don't have to pay for Revmob. They also have a FAQ on their website, so I would recommend going over that. Remember, the idea of ads is getting paid, not paying to put ads on your app. That doesn't make sense if you have to pay to put ads on your application.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Either one is good. You don't have to pay for Revmob. They also have a FAQ on their website, so I would recommend going over that. Remember, the idea of ads is getting paid, not paying to put ads on your app. That doesn't make sense if you have to pay to put ads on your application.
    Okay. Thanks. Sorry for being stupid :P
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thank you, everyone, for helping me out.
    Finally got the answers I wanted.
    Thanks a ton again

Peace