Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Screen Staying Lit during a call

When I make a phone call, the screen does NOT black out. I checked the proximity sensor via the Sensor Sense app and it is functioning properly. All the gestures work as well. I cannot find any particular setting that turns this on and off. I am not particularly savvy with electronics but is is a Galaxy S5, Model # SM-G900-A Android version 4.4.2. AT+T is the carrier if that matters. If anyone has an answer that could assist I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank You,

Elliot

Default Re: Screen Staying Lit during a call

I don't have an answer and I'm dismayed that nobody else does. I have this problem too. It started out for me almost random and would work fine after a reboot. Then I noticed that if bluetooth was on the proximity sensor during calls wouldn't work. So I turned that off and was fine for about a week. Then I got a replacement fitbit and turned bluetooth back on and the problem has returned and now turning off bluetooth still doesn't fix the problem.

Verizon is going to tell me to do a factory reset, I'm sure. I don't know what else could be causing it.