Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Wifi for htc inspire disconnecting

My mom has an old htc inspire 4g and she's had it for 2 years I believe, she only really uses it for the internet and connects to the wifi to my home router but for the past week it hasn't been able to connect to the wifi. When I click to connect it, it just shows it scanning then connecting then finally disconnects. I tried a couple ways to reconnect, for example: I turned the "never sleep after 15 minutes" on, I entered the new password for the router in, and finally I completely shutdown and waited a day before trying to reconnect her phone to my wifi. I'm not really good at fixing these sort of things and was wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to solve the "disconnecting wifi" problem, please!

Global Posts
    8,898 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Wifi for htc inspire disconnecting

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    My mom has an old htc inspire 4g and she's had it for 2 years I believe, she only really uses it for the internet and connects to the wifi to my home router but for the past week it hasn't been able to connect to the wifi. When I click to connect it, it just shows it scanning then connecting then finally disconnects. I tried a couple ways to reconnect, for example: I turned the "never sleep after 15 minutes" on, I entered the new password for the router in, and finally I completely shutdown and waited a day before trying to reconnect her phone to my wifi. I'm not really good at fixing these sort of things and was wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to solve the "disconnecting wifi" problem, please!
    Reboot the router by powering it off for a few minutes then power back on. Try reconnecting and let us know how it goes.