Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation S4 lost, what happens if the person did a factory reset

Hi,
    I lost my S4 yesterday. Within 20mins the person switched off my phone. My phone is password protected so I am guessing the person would most likely do a factory reset.
    However on my previous android samsung note, my friend was playing with my phone password and it was only possible to unlock through the gmail created from the start. But since I don't use it I forgot about it. I googled and found out about factory reset. So I did and it was like brand new just that my music and pictures were still there.

I am wondering if this time the person did it, will she be able to have access to my photos still? Given that my phone software is updated. Hopefully it might change. I saw online about internal and external SD memory ? I didn't put any memory card in it so it's purely everything that was built it.

Thank you

Global Posts
    1,721 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: S4 lost, what happens if the person did a factory reset

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hi,
    I lost my S4 yesterday. Within 20mins the person switched off my phone. My phone is password protected so I am guessing the person would most likely do a factory reset.
    However on my previous android samsung note, my friend was playing with my phone password and it was only possible to unlock through the gmail created from the start. But since I don't use it I forgot about it. I googled and found out about factory reset. So I did and it was like brand new just that my music and pictures were still there.

I am wondering if this time the person did it, will she be able to have access to my photos still? Given that my phone software is updated. Hopefully it might change. I saw online about internal and external SD memory ? I didn't put any memory card in it so it's purely everything that was built it.

Thank you
    Call your carrier to report it lost/stolen. They will then shut it down...making it completely useless and worthless. This is done by using the IMEI number of your phone.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Hi there,

I would like to than you for the reply. However in my country....no service provider provides this service. I know it's dumb but they prefer making your money from a new phone than pay for manpower to sit there and do this service for you. So, that definitely out of the question.

Another is reporting it to the police but the chances of us finding it back ourselves is higher than them finding it back for you.

I have given up hopes in finding it back. The person who have done so if she wanted to but I am just worried about my pictures in there. No nudes but just pictures of me in swimsuits.
    Last edited by helloreindeer; 07-06-2014 at 08:26 AM.

There are those who claim to be able to "shut down phone using IMEI number" in countries where network providers and police may be unable to offer much help. A quick search online brings up results that may be helpful to you. The question is, do you have the IMEI?

Posted via Android Central App