Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default at&t samsung galaxy s2 to s4 and s2 to s5 problems.

Having an issue that I can't find a fix to. I am hoping you guy's are way smarter than the under educated AT&T store guys. The problem is this. I had a Galaxy S2 that I loaded games onto its sd card and then placed sd card into my new s4. The S4 doesn't acknowledge any apps as being on the sd card. It see's that total space on card is 29.71GB and available space is 25.67gb but that's it. The apps in question are angry birds, candy crush, etc.... I really don't want to start over. When I put the sd card back in the S2 the games show up and play just fine. Can anyone help? Or am I doomed to start over? Also having same issue with old S2 and wife's new S5.

Default Re: at&t samsung galaxy s2 to s4 and s2 to s5 problems.

It doesn't work that way. The apps that are on the SD card are only a portion of the app--probably just data files. The main part of the app remains behind in the internal storage of your phone. If you want to play the games on the new phone, you need to install them directly from Google Play (or some other app source) again. Your game progress might be lost--it depends on whether the games you're playing have a cloud save option or not.