broke gs4 no power
ok so i broke my s4 after dropping it at work, the screen is broken of course whatever
but another problem is it wont turn on at all i charged it and it wont charge inspected the
battery it was broken like there was a dent in it. i asked my buddy if i can use his battery he also has an s4
well my fone will not power on with his battery either so i was going to buy a screen for it but now what can the problem be if it wont turn on what else do i need to replace?
and if i cant what part of the motherboard holds the phone memory (not sd card) so i may be able to get a fone to transfer it on if the motherboard isnt damaged of course
- 07-06-2014, 09:42 AM #2
Re: broke gs4 no power
The memory (RAM) is built onto the motherboard and soldered in place. If there was damage to the battery and screen there is a possibility something bigger could of happened shorting out something on the motherboard. Hard to say but a damaged battery during a drop could be a bad thing. You might be best sending it in for repair to a 3rd party shop if your interested in possibility salvaging the device where they can test things and narrow down the possibilities.Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- By Lise Sock in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2014, 02:42 AM
- By Anthony Marques in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 6Last Post: 07-07-2014, 06:55 PM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2014, 09:44 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2014, 12:17 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-05-2014, 09:54 PM