Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 will not boot

Hi , I am trying to use Wug to fix my N7 , it says to enable developer options but I cannot get to settings to do this , the N7 starts at the screen with 4 options , power off , recovery , restart boot loader , start. Is there any way to to fix this N7 ?
    Cannot get to screen to wipe cache etc.

Cheers

Default Re: Nexus 7 will not boot

Yes your device needs to be able to boot up and then enable developer mode via Settings/About Tablet and tapping on the build number 7 times enabling your developer options in Settings.

Otherwise if you can't get the device to boot up there is no other way to enable it to my knowledge.

May I ask what happened leading you to use Wugs to fix your N7 and which version of N7 (2012 or 2013)?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The device went into restart and shutdown constantly it wouldn't stay on long enough to do anything. Restarted it with the start + volume down , tried the options on this menu , no look , then went to the next menu , cleared the cache and tried the wipe device & restore but still no luck.
    Now when I try the recovery mode I get a message in the top left of the screen saying "booting failed".

Cheers
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Forgot to mention it is a 2012 version , fully updated.

I'm going to assume you have never unlocked the bootloader?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes that's right , never unlocked it