Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Phone memory used by unknown pictures/videos

I am using a Samsung Galaxy grand which ha 8 GB of phone memory. It has become slow over the months, so finally I realized that it is time to organize all the media files into the sd card so that the phone memory is freed facilitating a more agile smartphone. However, even after moving all the known pictures in my mobile to the sd card, the storage page in settings shows that there is still 672MB of phone memory being used by pictures and videos. How do I free this space?

Default Re: Phone memory used by unknown pictures/videos

Check for folders like

Downloads

Pictures

Videos

or any possible 3rd party apps you may have installed that could be placing photos & videos in another location aside from the normal DCIM folder that is commonly used.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.