Mega did a system update now aftermarket screen will not work

A

AC Question

I got a aftermarket screen for my Samsung I527 mega and it has been working great for 6 months. Until 2 days ago my phone downloaded a update now my touch screen will not work. I did a factory reset and it still will not work. Any ideas what I can do ? Please help a girl out. I have spent enough on this phone really do not want to have to buy a new phone!! Thank you

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a aftermarket screen for my Samsung I527 mega and it has been working great for 6 months. Until 2 days ago my phone downloaded a update now my touch screen will not work. I did a factory reset and it still will not work. Any ideas what I can do ? Please help a girl out. I have spent enough on this phone really do not want to have to buy a new phone!! Thank you

Welcome to the forums.
I am just guessing this might work, but I would try rebooting into recovery and clearing the system cache. See if that will help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
Try following instructions for the S3.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Did you replace the screen yourself? If you did, try taking it apart and checking all connections to make sure everything looks good.

If factory reset didn't help then I would believe it's a hardware problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jwright7856

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey I run a repair shop and I ran into the same issue with two megas in the same day. I ordered two brand new screens and still no go. This is definitely a software/firmware issue and idk how to fix it yet. But i will revise this if i do figure it out.

Jbishop261984

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
The android 4.4.4 update will not accept any non-samsung internal parts. It will not read them after update. You will need to replace your whole display assembly before it will work again. And it will need to be an authentic samsung assembly or it wont work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang