Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Unable to Play Video (MP4 file) on Kindle Fire

Warning - I'm a non-techie. I have a Kindle Fire (non-HD), purchased in July 2012 (system version 7.4.9 if that helps). I'm using software to rip DVDs into MP4 format and then copying them over to the Kindle. Once I figured out the right location on the kindle, I was able to copy over the first two successfully. They show up in Personal Videos, and its not perfect, but its fine. I just want my kids to be able to play the videos on a long car ride. After the first two videos, all other movies rip fine and copy over fine, but when I click on the image on the Kindle, I get the message Unable to Play Video.

I can play the MP4 on my laptop (file located on the computer's hard drive) and when the Kindle is connected to my laptop, I can play the MP4 on the Kindle drive through my computer software.

In case it matters, I have 13.5GB of 27GB space available, so I think I have enough room.

Thank you for your help!

Default Re: Unable to Play Video (MP4 file) on Kindle Fire

There must be some incompatibility that the DVD ripping process is generating. I've seen this mentioned on other devices as well.