Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nexus89
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Lightbulb Water Damage

My water bottle spilled in my purse and caused a huge puddle in my purse, so my phone got wet. I completely forgot to check the inside of the phone for about 3 hrs and when I did take off the phone case I realized the battery was wet. I did not realize that I was not supposed to turn my phone on, and I did so about three times throughout the day. I set it in rice last night and for some reason I thought it would be completely dry this morning and so I turned my phone back on. The phone turned on great, but the screen was very dim and then when all my notifications started to come in the screen image started to get fuzzy. Is there any hope for me?This last time that I turned it on the phone turned on better than the last time. My phone is now sitting in rice once again, but Im not sure if it is a lost cause now.
  2. Best Answer

Silica gel packs are better than rice for displacing water. Worth a try but the damage may already be done

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Water Damage

Silica gel packs are better than rice for displacing water. Worth a try but the damage may already be done

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

It sure doesn't sound good.

I've had better luck using a hair dryer on low setting than waiting for rice. Open the phone up as much as possible and get the phone toasty.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    My water bottle spilled in my purse and caused a huge puddle in my purse, so my phone got wet. I completely forgot to check the inside of the phone for about 3 hrs and when I did take off the phone case I realized the battery was wet. I did not realize that I was not supposed to turn my phone on, and I did so about three times throughout the day. I set it in rice last night and for some reason I thought it would be completely dry this morning and so I turned my phone back on. The phone turned on great, but the screen was very dim and then when all my notifications started to come in the screen image started to get fuzzy. Is there any hope for me?This last time that I turned it on the phone turned on better than the last time. My phone is now sitting in rice once again, but Im not sure if it is a lost cause now.
    That sounds not bad. All I learned is screens can take up to 5 days more to clear and dry up. So you may have splodges for a while. The internals can dry in 24 hours or less but you can never be sure.

If you can leave it alone and warm for a few days longer all the better. Leave your sim, sd card and battery out if you can and use another phone.
    It sounds like it wasn't immersed completely, but maybe consider a smaller handbag, or one without a kitchen sink (joke). Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

ROM
    None

OK, this is weird!
    I was the first to answer about an hour ago to this thread, explaining what to do and what I would do if I was the OP.

But now I see that the AC app didn't post my answer even though I saw it posted right away.
    Ugh! 😡 😠

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    OK, this is weird!
    I was the first to answer about an hour ago to this thread, explaining what to do and what I would do if I was the OP.

But now I see that the AC app didn't post my answer even though I saw it posted right away.
    Ugh! 😡 😠

Sent From Another Galaxy
    The site is doing weird stuff. You might have answered a duplicate thread, but I don't see another one for this thread.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Yep mine force stops during almost every post right now... Not sure why

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

ROM
    None

Yup, now mine is also force stopping! 😡

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

My phone went thru the washing !machine a few days ago. I immediately place I'm rice, was told here on AC to take apart to see if any more water inside so the next morning I turned it on and it booted but wouldn't go past the Google logo. I then took it apart found small bits of water dried it, removed some of the chips and placed those in rice and now my nexus 5 is working! Screen looks bad with what appear to be bubbles behind it and the speaker isn't as loud but everything else is good. When I took it apart I noticed battery seemed distorted. Its also giving off a sweet smell at times. Might have to buy a replacement battery as it also starts to feel like it overheats at times.

Don't give up on it phone yet, take it apart and dry it best u can!
    Madd54 likes this.