Gmail app issues

U

Unregistered

I need some help please....

I have a Samsung galaxy s3. Recently my emails have stopped come through automatically, and I sometimes only get them when I refresh my inbox - not ideal!! The sync settings remain unchanged; push for my Hotmail and every 5 mins for my Gmail. What could be happening here?

Also, my Gmails no longer show in my combined inbox in the internal email app, and only in the gmail app. I would like them to be together so am considering deleting the gmail app to see if this would send my gmails to the regular email app... but it could cause errors and effect other apps. So is there another solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

Jess

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello Jess! Maybe head into settings > data and ensure that "restrict background data" isn't checked. Mail not syncing unless you're actively using the app definitely sounds like a result of this. Please report back after you've tried that for starters.

EdenHeights

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! Restrict background data is unchecked for all apps. It's actually only my Gmail emails not coming through automatically. Maybe having my gmails on both apps (regular email and gmail) is causing confusion..?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried what you mentioned above?

Also, my Gmails no longer show in my combined inbox in the internal email app, and only in the gmail app. I would like them to be together so am considering deleting the gmail app to see if this would send my gmails to the regular email app... but it could cause errors and effect other apps. So is there another solution to this?

EdenHeights

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
No I didn't try that as I didn't want to risk screwing up any linked applications. Emails seem to be coming ok now to my Hotmail. Still experiencing some delay on gmails but at least they are sending now, and only through the gmail app. Will just have to use both apps and keep my emails separate. Thanks for the help. Issue resolved!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463