Restore deleted weather widget on my Moto X

A

AC Question

Help! I accidentally uninstalled the Weather Widget on my new Moto X. One site suggested pressing on an empty space on the screen and accessing the menu, but when I do that, I only get a menu for wallpaper choices. Can I restore a deleted widget?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Sure you can. The way you described is correct you should get multiple choices such as wallpaper, app, widgets and shortcuts...

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Tardis2014

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your response. But, the only drop down menu I get says Choose Wallpaper from - Gallery, Live Wallpapers, Photos and Wallpapers. No apps, widgets or shortcuts....I bought the phone at Verizon and I think I may have to go back there to see if they can help.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Help! I accidentally uninstalled the Weather Widget on my new Moto X. One site suggested pressing on an empty space on the screen and accessing the menu, but when I do that, I only get a menu for wallpaper choices. Can I restore a deleted widget?

Go to your app drawer, tap on the Widgets tab. Scroll to the one you want. Hold down on it and it will bring up your home screens drag it to the home screen you want and let go.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
^^^ a moto Xers reply. Follow his lead.

Many phones and launchers handle things in different fashions

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Tardis2014

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help. That would probably have worked beautifully if I hadn't deleted the stupid Widget from the app drawer. Seriously, when I do something unintelligent, I do it very well! Ugh!

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to satisfy my curiosity, I went into my widgets looking for a Weather Widget. I don't find a specific weather widget. Was it something you originally installed from the Play Store? I use the Google now widget to display weather on my phone.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

winston law

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I restore the weather forecast by disable "Google Now", it will show the weather forecast after enable it.
To get to the "Google Now", go to "Settings" which is locate at the bottom right corner(same screen where you delete the weather forecast). Under setting menu, you will see a "Google Now" on/off button. Turn it off, and turn it back on. The weather will reappear again. I hope this would help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn