Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One mini stuck in TWRP Recovery

Hello. Recently I decided to root my phone to install a custom ROM for the first time. Everything was going fine, but when I installed the ROM it would reboot and send me back into the recovery. I tried wiping the cache and trying again while following the steps of an online tutorial. I, like an *****, deleted all of the internal memory on my phone including the backup I had made prior to rooting my device. Now my phone is not recognized by my PC so I cannot try and reflash the ROM onto my phone. I don't have an OS for my phone to boot into so it keeps sending me to the TWRP recovery and there isn't much I can do from there. HTC One minis don't have an SD card slot or I would be able to get the ROM back onto my phone and flash it from there. I've tried everything I know, searched several times on Google, but no one appears to be having the same issue as me. Goes to show how stupid I can be...

Any help would be appreciated, I really don't want to have to get another phone because of this.

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: HTC One mini stuck in TWRP Recovery

Hello there!

We all make mistakes, so it's okay . I was in a similar situation with my HTC One XL as well. What OS are you using PC-wise? Windows 7 or 8? Are you using USB 3.0?

Also, check to see if you have HTC Drivers installed. If not, you can get the most up to date drivers by installing HTC Sync.

If mounting hasn't worked, have you tried ADB Sideload?

Let me know if you have any more questions.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm currently using a Windows 8 PC. I was not able to install any HTC Drivers, but I was able to connect my phone using HTC Sync manager. I've not tried mounting it or ADB Sideloader, mostly because I'm new to rooting and not really sure what I'm doing apart from what I see in the tutorials.

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by ZacProductions View Post
    I'm currently using a Windows 8 PC. I was not able to install any HTC Drivers, but I was able to connect my phone using HTC Sync manager. I've not tried mounting it or ADB Sideloader, mostly because I'm new to rooting and not really sure what I'm doing apart from what I see in the tutorials.
    HTC Sync already comes with drivers so you don't need to worry about that. Now try going to Mount in TWRP to see if you put a ROM on your phone. See if your computer will read the phone at all.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I plugged it in and it made a sound as though it recognized my phone, but I can't access my files.

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts
    ROM

I plugged it in and it made a sound as though it recognized my phone, but I can't access my files.
    Did you mount it in recovery?

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I went to mount and selected the data tab, but it isn't giving me the swipe option.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I have since posting this acquired an OTG Flashdrive so now all I need is a Sense 6 ROM to flash onto my HTC One mini.

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts
    ROM

I have since posting this acquired an OTG Flashdrive so now all I need is a Sense 6 ROM to flash onto my HTC One mini.
    You were able to get something connected to the phone? Have you tried adb sideload yet? Go to advanced options and enable adb sideload. Get a ROM and put it in the folder on your PC that has your adb and fastboot files. Open a CMD prompt and change the directory to that folder. Then enter "adb sideload name of rom.zip" where name of rom is the name of rom you want to push over.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app