Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Push notifications not working for facebook, twitter and instagram

Hi there,

Ive been having problems receiving my push notifications for twitter, Facebook and instagram. I have synced all the apps and change the settings within each app.

I receive push notifications for my gmail, whatsapp and bmm. Not sure why the others wont work.

Please help!

Frustrated

Default Re: Push notifications not working for facebook, twitter and instagram

Are these apps' background data restricted? In my case, Instagram does a pretty poor job at push notifications as they only come through sometimes, and even when they do, there's no notification sound (I've tried this on three different phones and they all do the same, so it's an Instagram app issue). But Facebook I can get without problems. Also, what phone do you have?

Hi there,

Ive been having problems receiving my push notifications for twitter, Facebook and instagram on the S3 I have synced all the apps and change the settings within each app.

I receive push notifications for my gmail, whatsapp and bmm. Not sure why the others wont work.

Please help!

Frustrated

The background data is not restricted.

I do get the notifications when im on WIFI... but on data they don't come through.

Ive got an S3

That IS odd. This sounds like either the apps are restricted to WiFi somehow or your carrier has an issue with firewalls (it's happened before... mine didn't allow Facebook calls to go through for a week).

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    That IS odd. This sounds like either the apps are restricted to WiFi somehow or your carrier has an issue with firewalls (it's happened before... mine didn't allow Facebook calls to go through for a week).
    It is very frustrating... Do you know how I could address the firewall issue ?

Unfortunately if it's a firewall issue, only the ISP and/or network admin can help.

You can try this, however:
    Get a friend who IS getting Facebook notifications on their phone to lend it to you. Insert your SIM card in their phone, and post something on their wall or a story or something (in other words, force a notification to come through). Is it working? If so, the issue is with your phone. If it's not, the issue is with the carrier.