Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Boot loop

Hello all, I was hoping somebody could help me out :

I flashed AOKP onto my phone then flash gapps after wiping my data and cache. Everything was fine for the reboot , so I did.. Now im currently stuck in a bootloop except I dont see anything on the screen, all I hear is the little vibration you recieve when the phone is turned on over and over again. Any ideas? My device is a Galaxy s4 AT&T.

PS: I tried going into recovery or download mode but nothing seems to register.. Any help is very much appreciated.

Global Posts
    21,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Boot loop

Quote Originally Posted by hisvices View Post
    Hello all, I was hoping somebody could help me out :

I flashed AOKP onto my phone then flash gapps after wiping my data and cache. Everything was fine for the reboot , so I did.. Now im currently stuck in a bootloop except I dont see anything on the screen, all I hear is the little vibration you recieve when the phone is turned on over and over again. Any ideas? My device is a Galaxy s4 AT&T.

PS: I tried going into recovery or download mode but nothing seems to register.. Any help is very much appreciated.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try pulling the battery for several minutes and rebooting into recovery.
    Did you do a factory reset when you flashed AOKP?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you! I've tried that a couple times waiting atleast 5 mins before I try it again. Yes I did, full wipe.. If I could just get to recovery I can restore!

Global Posts
    21,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Thank you! I've tried that a couple times waiting atleast 5 mins before I try it again. Yes I did, full wipe.. If I could just get to recovery I can restore!
    Can you link to the ROM you downloaded?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It wont exactly let me post the link but I used androidrootz.com.. Basically just googled the rom and chose one that looked familiar to me.

EDIT: I think I might have flashed the wrong one. I had another on my sd card but that was AOKP for my s3

Global Posts
    21,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

It wont exactly let me post the link but I used androidrootz.com.. Basically just googled the rom and chose one that looked familiar to me.

EDIT: I think I might have flashed the wrong one. I had another on my sd card but that was AOKP for my s3
    If that's the case, then its bricked. Sorry.

Sent from my One M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline

You need to go to sams mobile and look for the stock odin for device make sure it matches EXACTLY then you need to get into download mode if you can by making sure the device is off hold the home button press volume down and the power button all at the same time then youll press volume up.. connect your device to your pc start odin youll see a yellow com port highlighted extract the tar file from the file you downloaded load it in the pda slot in odin and hit start and wait..
    If you cant find the file just google stock odin make and model of your phone..

Sent from my Flashvetrin using Tapatalk