Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy S4 Boot loop

    Hello all, I was hoping somebody could help me out :

    I flashed AOKP onto my phone then flash gapps after wiping my data and cache. Everything was fine for the reboot , so I did.. Now im currently stuck in a bootloop except I dont see anything on the screen, all I hear is the little vibration you recieve when the phone is turned on over and over again. Any ideas? My device is a Galaxy s4 AT&T.

    PS: I tried going into recovery or download mode but nothing seems to register.. Any help is very much appreciated.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,224 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Boot loop

    Quote Originally Posted by hisvices View Post
    Hello all, I was hoping somebody could help me out :

    I flashed AOKP onto my phone then flash gapps after wiping my data and cache. Everything was fine for the reboot , so I did.. Now im currently stuck in a bootloop except I dont see anything on the screen, all I hear is the little vibration you recieve when the phone is turned on over and over again. Any ideas? My device is a Galaxy s4 AT&T.

    PS: I tried going into recovery or download mode but nothing seems to register.. Any help is very much appreciated.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Try pulling the battery for several minutes and rebooting into recovery.
    Did you do a factory reset when you flashed AOKP?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Boot loop

    Thank you! I've tried that a couple times waiting atleast 5 mins before I try it again. Yes I did, full wipe.. If I could just get to recovery I can restore!
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,224 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Boot loop

    Quote Originally Posted by hisvices View Post
    Thank you! I've tried that a couple times waiting atleast 5 mins before I try it again. Yes I did, full wipe.. If I could just get to recovery I can restore!
    Can you link to the ROM you downloaded?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Boot loop

    It wont exactly let me post the link but I used androidrootz.com.. Basically just googled the rom and chose one that looked familiar to me.

    EDIT: I think I might have flashed the wrong one. I had another on my sd card but that was AOKP for my s3
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,224 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Boot loop

    Quote Originally Posted by hisvices View Post
    It wont exactly let me post the link but I used androidrootz.com.. Basically just googled the rom and chose one that looked familiar to me.

    EDIT: I think I might have flashed the wrong one. I had another on my sd card but that was AOKP for my s3
    If that's the case, then its bricked. Sorry.

    Sent from my One M8 using AC Forums mobile app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Boot loop

    You need to go to sams mobile and look for the stock odin for device make sure it matches EXACTLY then you need to get into download mode if you can by making sure the device is off hold the home button press volume down and the power button all at the same time then youll press volume up.. connect your device to your pc start odin youll see a yellow com port highlighted extract the tar file from the file you downloaded load it in the pda slot in odin and hit start and wait..
    If you cant find the file just google stock odin make and model of your phone..

    Sent from my Flashvetrin using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S5 Calls
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 02:59 AM
  2. Galaxy Tab 3.0 7"
    By jmagid51 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 01:27 PM
  3. Cracked Screen: Verizon Galaxy S5
    By rbvoorheis in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 04:39 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 07:12 AM
  5. Galaxy S5 not able to call from car bluetooth - no service
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 06:23 AM

Posting Permissions