Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Voice Navigation with Google Maps

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) but am unable to activate the voice navigation turn by turn directions for the Google Maps that was pre-installed on it when I bought it. Do I need another app? Can you please help with step by step directions? Thanks!

Default Re: Voice Navigation with Google Maps

You should only need the Google Maps app, as long as it is up to date. Just go into Google Maps, type the address you want to navigate to, select "Directions" from the menu card that appears, and once you select your starting point, you'll see a "NAVIGATE" button at the bottom of the screen. Tap that and voilá!

Just remember, turn-by-turn navigation is NOT available in all regions. If you don't see this option, this means your country is not yet supported.
    Thanked by:

When I type in my destination,"directions" does not come up. I'm in the US so should have voice navigation on Google Maps.

Well, what do you know... I think the service is down! I can't get directions either! It just says NO ROUTE FOUND. Never mind, I panicked too soon... I had selected Public Transportation instead of Car (PT is not available in my region).

So, when you type in an address, at the bottom of the screen, the Car picture doesn't show up?

I finally figured it out.......I have to hit "start" to activate the voice navigation after I pull up the step by step route. Thanks for the help!

Glad you got it working!