Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default help so launchers...etc

So I just got an so from at iPhone. I am trying to learn how to use a launcher. I looked at nova but don't know what to do after I download it. Does it take lots of time to figure it out?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: help so launchers...etc

When you install a launcher, you have to first tell it to replace your current one. It doesn't take much time to learn the ropes, really.

After you install the launcher, it should immediately ask you to select which launcher you want to, well, launch, when pressing the Home Button. If it doesn't, just try going into the Application Manager, find the launcher you're using (if it's the stock one, like Samsung's TouchWiz, it will be under that name, TouchWiz) and select "Clear Defaults". This should prompt the list to re-appear.

Once you select Nova as your launcher, you can pretty much customize it to your liking. Are there any specific questions you have on how to use it? We can help.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks I got it figured out for the most part. I don't know what all I may need. Love sports and things like that is there anything I should download? I have scorecenter and the bleacherreport app. Also how much ram should I be using at once. Thanks again and any advice is welcomed.

Don't worry about RAM, Android does the RAM handling pretty nicely. If you're into sports (and you live in a country that supports it), make sure you enter your team preferences into the Google App (Google Now), it's GREAT at providing instant updates on games, news regarding your teams, etc.

ESPN of course has a very nice app, but you need to be in a region that's not locked out of content to really enjoy it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Sounds great. What apps should I disable the came preloaded on my Verizon S5

Global Posts
    20,991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by teamwest88 View Post
    Sounds great. What apps should I disable the came preloaded on my Verizon S5

Welcome to the forums.
    Avoid anything with a com.xxx, anything with the Android logo/icon, although, most of the ones you can't disable will be system apps. I wouldn't go too wild with disabling yet. If you want, you can sound off on some you would like to and we can try to give a yes or no.

As for some reading material....
    [GUIDE] Nova Launcher

[Guide] RAM and Android

[GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014)

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    SpookDroid likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks this is a big help.