Samsung Galaxy s5 on 50mb data plan
This was asked before, but I need to know more specifically. I want to get a 50mb data plan; 1. Will this be enough for the phone, I heard androids use loads of background data? 2. If I search like 10 minutes a day (for a month) on google chrome, will this use up all my data? Thank you in advance!!
- 07-07-2014, 09:56 PM #2
Re: Samsung Galaxy s5 on 50mb data plan
Welcome to Android Central! Any phone will use up a lot of data if many of the system apps or 3rd party apps are set to refresh constantly or frequently in the background. Fortunately, you can adjust data refresh on most apps to manual, or at least to very infrequent. You can also choose to restrict background data syncing, or turn off auto-sync completely, in the system settings.
That being said, 50 MB is really not very much. If you just do some simple searches on Google and some light emailing, you'll be fine, but if you want to use your phone to its full potential, you'll end up using up that 50 MB very quickly. Are the next higher plans cost prohibitive for you?
- By Picasso71 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 29Last Post: 09-21-2014, 10:01 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2014, 10:01 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2014, 09:57 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2014, 09:13 PM
- By AC Question in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 07-07-2014, 08:53 PM