Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Update android tablet, & blackberry question too

Can a CRUZ Velocity Micro 410 tablet with Gingerbread be upgraded/updated to Jelly Bean? I need an OS of at least 4.1 for my mobile credit card processor's app to work.

I guess while I'm asking...is there a way to install android apps on a BlackBerry Playbook (tablet) or the Blackberry Torch 9860 by chance?

Default Re: Update android tablet, & blackberry question too

Welcome to Android Central! According to their support site, the Cruz T410 is officially stuck on Android 2.3: Cruz™ | Support. In order to get a higher Android version, you'd have to root the device and then find a custom ROM for that device based on the Android version you're looking for. A quick Google search did not come up with any custom ROMs, so you're probably out of luck there.

You can sideload Android apps onto Blackberry devices, but compatibility is not always guaranteed. See this thread over on Crackberry: DIY How To Sideload Android Apps on PlayBook 2.0 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com