Samsung Grand 2 USB Connection Problem

Priti Priti

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I am having problems with the USB to PC connection. I am trying to use my Samsung Grand 2 as a media Transfer, but my phone does not detect that the USB data cable is plugged. It just charges the phone.i face the problem last 2 days. before that i was easily connect my mobile with my PC. But 2 days it does not working.i cant transfer my picture from my mobile to to my PC.Please give me the solution

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This 4-year-old thread was asking about the USB connection for file transfer, not USB tethering. Are you asking about the same phone, and are you sure it has a USB tethering option?

UsmanJawed

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This 4-year-old thread was asking about the USB connection for file transfer, not USB tethering. Are you asking about the same phone, and are you sure it has a USB tethering option?

Yes when connect my phone to pc it on only charge the phone n doesnt show any thing in notification bar eveb smart swicth doesnt connect my phone
Reinstall the deriver several time but problem remains the same

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The first thing to try would be another USB cable. Some cables are charge-only, and other cables can fail such that the data transfer wires don't work any more.

Ashutosh Sharma8

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
I am having problems with the USB to PC connection. I am trying to use my Samsung Grand 2 as a media Transfer, but my phone does not detect that the USB data cable is plugged. It just charges the phone.i face the problem last 2 days. before that i was easily connect my mobile with my PC. But 2 days it does not working.i cant transfer my picture from my mobile to to my PC.Please give me the solution

I'm facing same problem as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since you're facing the same problem, I'm going to copy and paste the suggestion I made back in December, right above your post: "The first thing to try would be another USB cable. Some cables are charge-only, and other cables can fail such that the data transfer wires don't work any more."