Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default After Upgrade from Jellybean to Kit Kat 4.2.2 Can Firefox Still Run Adobe Flash?

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 tablet that I bought nearly three months ago, which had Jellybean installed. I was able to install the 11.1 archived version of Adobe Flash from the Adobe website. With this Flash install, I have been able to use Adobe Flash on both Firefox and Dolphin browsers without issue. Unfortunately, my tablet upgraded itself via a push from Samsung last Saturday. After this upgrade, Flash no longer works in either of the above browsers.

I searched via Startpage and found that (apparently) there is a work-around for this issue using a hacked version of the same archived Flash file that I used, and that only the Dolphin browser is supported.

I have concerns about installing a file from an unknown or untrusted source, and also want to use Firefox, not just Dolphin. Is there another solution to this problem? I also understand that there is no way to go back to the Jellybean OS; is that so?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Global Posts
    19,788 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: After Upgrade from Jellybean to Kit Kat 4.2.2 Can Firefox Still Run Adobe Flash?

Flash is no longer supported in 4.4, that is why you need the workaround. It is good to be wary of what you apply to your devices.

As for going back to Jelly Bean, you possibly can, however, as far as I know, Samsung is trying to stop any rolling back of versions of Android.

I can't find anything solid of if you can or can't, and I wouldn't advise trying it as it can potentially brick the device.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here