Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Galaxy S4 active black screen and touch function not working

Hello!
    So this is what happened, on saturday morning I was using my phone like always, i pressed the lock button and left my phone in my bed, i went back 10 minutes later and the lcd was totally black and no signs of the touch function was working, but the notifications and vibration were working, and i could receive calls.

like two weeks ago i downloaded an application to play games, and noticed that the phone was getting slow and having the frozen screen, so i was taking out the battery for a while by saturday morning.

now, my phone never fell, i have a hard case on it and i really take care a lot of it talking about that, but i do not know that if i left it charging all night can be part of the problem i am having now.

I openned the phone to see some marks of burning or something unplugged, but nothing, i tried the 3 buttons at the same time, taking out the battery, even making the reset via pc (i couldnt find the software) but nothing, i am running out of ideas and i really dont know what to do, i cannot afford a new phone, and i cannot ask for a change because i have a bit more than a year with it.

I hope someone can help me with this, or can give me any idea, i am searching in google since that day and there's not much info about the active phone.

thanks a lot for all your help

Default Re: Galaxy S4 active black screen and touch function not working

Damnit, after reading what you wrote, I was hoping someone had responded because the exact same thing happened to me today. I'm calling a cell repair place tomorrow. I think it's a hardware problem.