how to stop auto hide of top menu

bishopgatrer

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Ive searched for this resolution and haven't found the solution. The top bar on my galaxy s3 is set to auto hide forcing me to swipe down slightly to see the time and my alerts. I just want it to always be there. It should be simple to correct but I can't find the solution. Please... does anyone know how to stop the title/status bar from hiding. I want to be able easily check the bar without having to swipe down. It wasn't originally like this. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The new KitKat notification bar is set to auto hide in some applications like browser and Gallery, to give more screen space obviously, but stays put in homescreens when you need it most. I don't know of a way to change that. You can pull it down of course.

bishopgatrer

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
On the home screen. The bar with th clock battery signal icons. I haven't installed anything to modify my phone that's what's weird. Is it correct to say thAt the non modified home screen does not do this? Or is there a toggle in the settings somewhere. If not I'm going to just start uninstalling apps.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On the home screen. The bar with th clock battery signal icons. I haven't installed anything to modify my phone that's what's weird. Is it correct to say thAt the non modified home screen does not do this? Or is there a toggle in the settings somewhere. If not I'm going to just start uninstalling apps.

Do you have a launcher installed?

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
check Settings >> Display >> Notification Panel for an option to unhide it.

failing that, clean the cache, which may or may not need the fancy way with special boot options etc (i dont know how you do that). there is a way to clear at least some cache from within the system, go to Settings >> Storage >> Cached Data to clear it, then maybe reboot the phone to see if it is any different.

try to figure out which app could be causing the conflict, in case it is not the system defaults.

if after all that, it still wont show in any app view or home screen view, then you would have to try a factory reset, where you will lose all your local data and customisations, though some will likely be synced to your google account depending on your settings.
--- or you could try another launcher/home manager instead, to avoid doing a reset, but you may or may not get conflicts, considering something isnt right to begin with, but it might be fine. i recommend apex, but you could try nova or something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2