Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Samsung Gallaxy 3 Stopped Working... now what?

While using instagram on my phone it completely died... it is in the charger. The screen is black, no lights on to show it is charging, will not turn on. Tried taking the battery out and it did not turn back on. Tried calling it from house phone and it did not ring (went to VM). Tried holding down power, home and volume buttons... nothing!!!
    I am going to take it to the store in the morning and use my husbands upgrade if they can not make it power back on and work... My concern since I think we can replace my phone for min $ is what happens to my contacts and pictures? Can they transfer those over from a phone that is "broken and dead" - I have lots of pics on my phone and do not want to try and recreate all my contacts. Are things backed up automatically or am I out of luck?

Default Re: Samsung Gallaxy 3 Stopped Working... now what?

If you've backed to your Google account, that's where they'll be rather than on the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung Gallaxy 3 Stopped Working... now what?

go to a web browser, sign into your google account. by looking at google dashboard: https://www.google.com/settings/dashboard , you can scroll down to contact and photos. if they synced, thats where they will be. i'm not totally sure about pitcures and files, there is google drive and possibly other things, so check those websites for your data.