calendar app shows wrong date

U

Unregistered

Calendar app icon on desktop shows date as one day behind early in morning. Eventually self-corrects. Any idea what's going on?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What app are you using? On what device?

On my tablet, a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, the "Day Note" calendar feature on the lockscreen has a similar problem, and it's unfortunately an app issue.

You can always check your Time Zone settings, of course, to make sure you're set to the correct one.

Ed Stevens1

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Of course timezone was the first thing I thought about. It seems to be set correctly. When the date corrects itself in Calendar -- it is not at the top of the hour, which is what one would expect if it were purely a TZ issue. Instead, it seems to self-correct at some unknown time (unknown, because I wasn't watching or messing with it when it happens) or at some point while I'm poking around in the app, then when I come back out the date on the desktop icon is corrected. Also, the main, default, clock/calendar icon that is on the desktop by default is always correct.

app -- Calendar 4.4-4

device --- Motorla Droid Mini
android version - 4.4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the icon is only updating at certain intervals on your Home Screen. Is the date/time correct if you go into the app? There might be a 'refresh' setting somewhere, but honestly I haven't seen something similar in my phones.

Ed Stevens1

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like the icon is only updating at certain intervals on your Home Screen. Is the date/time correct if you go into the app? There might be a 'refresh' setting somewhere, but honestly I haven't seen something similar in my phones.

Yes, within the app, date is always correct. Problem is only with what it displays on its desktop icon.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, then it's definitely a refresh problem. You can try finding such a setting in the launcher or the 'old fashioned way': Delete the icon from your homescreen, place it back. You'd be surprised how many times this helps with rogue icons hehe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech