Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
07-08-2014 08:54 AM
8 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default calendar app shows wrong date

Calendar app icon on desktop shows date as one day behind early in morning. Eventually self-corrects. Any idea what's going on?

Carrier
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

Default Re: calendar app shows wrong date

Time Zone setting is correct?
    Sounds like it may be a few hours off as you say it fixes itself later.

Mav.

What app are you using? On what device?

On my tablet, a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, the "Day Note" calendar feature on the lockscreen has a similar problem, and it's unfortunately an app issue.

You can always check your Time Zone settings, of course, to make sure you're set to the correct one.

Of course timezone was the first thing I thought about. It seems to be set correctly. When the date corrects itself in Calendar -- it is not at the top of the hour, which is what one would expect if it were purely a TZ issue. Instead, it seems to self-correct at some unknown time (unknown, because I wasn't watching or messing with it when it happens) or at some point while I'm poking around in the app, then when I come back out the date on the desktop icon is corrected. Also, the main, default, clock/calendar icon that is on the desktop by default is always correct.

app -- Calendar 4.4-4

device --- Motorla Droid Mini
    android version - 4.4

Sounds like the icon is only updating at certain intervals on your Home Screen. Is the date/time correct if you go into the app? There might be a 'refresh' setting somewhere, but honestly I haven't seen something similar in my phones.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Sounds like the icon is only updating at certain intervals on your Home Screen. Is the date/time correct if you go into the app? There might be a 'refresh' setting somewhere, but honestly I haven't seen something similar in my phones.
    Yes, within the app, date is always correct. Problem is only with what it displays on its desktop icon.

Yeah, then it's definitely a refresh problem. You can try finding such a setting in the launcher or the 'old fashioned way': Delete the icon from your homescreen, place it back. You'd be surprised how many times this helps with rogue icons hehe.
    Ed Stevens1 likes this.

ok. Thanks for the tips.

Calendar app on galaxy 5 shows 31 all the time ! It's like the galaxy 5 not worth a damn