Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default HTC One Wifi range issues

Hey everyone, first time posting here.

I wanted to know if anyone can explain why my Wi-Fi is being weird on my phone. The issue is this, since the latest update to my HTC One (m7) my wifi signal from my home router has been really weak/non existent in places that I usually had connection from. Now the phone will only pick up my Wifi signal if im in the same room as where the router is located. If I move anywhere else into any other room the wifi signal instantly drops to 1 bar and then stops working. Prior to the update I got WiFi signal no matter where I was, it would even start connecting as I walked towards my house. Basically it was really good, then this update came and bang. Gone down the drain

If anyone can help me, I'd be very grateful.

Default Re: HTC One Wifi range issues

Review this guide and see if the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html

Also, go to Settings>Wi-fi​, tap Menu, then Advanced, and make sure any "Wi-fi Optimization" settings are turned off.