Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Android data usage

I'm gonna get an s5 in August and I want to know about androids data usage. I have a limited data cap, and I wanna use my phone when at work. So how much data on average does the s5 use, in the background??

Default Re: Android data usage

It depends what syncs and other things you have setup. You can always turn on the restrict background data setting.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Default Re: Android data usage

Most carriers have a data usage estimator tool. Try your carrier website for that.

Different things affect data use, as Almeuit said. There are lots of ways to decrease cellular data use. Some of the surest ways are to eliminate push notification on email, use WiFi as often as possible and sideload entertainment rather than streaming. You could also eliminate automatic backups to the cloud... Really the options are very numerous.

How small is your data cap?
    Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
    LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
    Asus Nexus 7 (2012 WiFi 32GB): Factory Google KitKat 4.4.4 + francoKernel & Xposed