turning off factory apps on galaxy s4
i have a galaxy s4. I don't use any Samsung apps but they are on my phone and automatically update. when I try to uninstall or turn them off, I get a message that says if I do then it may cause errors in other apps. my question is will it cause the errors on the Samsung apps only or all my apps such as kindle, youtube news and weather apps that I have installed from the google store?
- 07-08-2014, 12:57 PM #2
Re: turning off factory apps on galaxy s4
That is a stock warning... Apps do interact to some degree, especially at the Google and Firmware levels.
Use discretion. If it seems like another app you do want may need that original app don't disable or uninstall. For instance, disabling contacts would affect phone, messaging, calendar, email and so much more...
Disable and uninstall just a few things at a time. If you see any breakage in functionality or system issues you can always restore the last round of items.
BTW - I routinely go through a device and prune out what is not wanted. It can actually help prolong battery, cut down on data use, free up RAM and storage... Good Luck.
- 07-08-2014, 01:04 PM #3
- 07-08-2014, 01:07 PM #4
- By MPHPhilly in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 10-13-2014, 11:46 PM
- By AlishaM in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2014, 02:51 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2014, 02:06 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-08-2014, 12:46 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-08-2014, 12:14 PM