Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By booga98
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default turning off factory apps on galaxy s4

i have a galaxy s4. I don't use any Samsung apps but they are on my phone and automatically update. when I try to uninstall or turn them off, I get a message that says if I do then it may cause errors in other apps. my question is will it cause the errors on the Samsung apps only or all my apps such as kindle, youtube news and weather apps that I have installed from the google store?

Default Re: turning off factory apps on galaxy s4

That is a stock warning... Apps do interact to some degree, especially at the Google and Firmware levels.

Use discretion. If it seems like another app you do want may need that original app don't disable or uninstall. For instance, disabling contacts would affect phone, messaging, calendar, email and so much more...

Disable and uninstall just a few things at a time. If you see any breakage in functionality or system issues you can always restore the last round of items.

BTW - I routinely go through a device and prune out what is not wanted. It can actually help prolong battery, cut down on data use, free up RAM and storage... Good Luck.
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S

you also can download and install a new rom which removes stock apps and such
    RumoredNow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by booga98 View Post
    you also can download and install a new rom which removes stock apps and such
    While I like that idea, it may be beyond the comfort level of someone who is hesitant to disable a firmware app after the "may break other apps" warning.
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S