Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation How to change or remove the icon which says NickName in the lock Screen of Micromax Bolt A089

When I initially open the locked Screen I get a screen with the Wallpaper, and at the bottom there is Digital Clock on the right and there is a ICON and text which reads " NickName".
    I am able to change the wallpaper from settings/Display/Wallpaper/lock screen Wallpaper..and also there is option to put a name in the wallpaper thru Settings/Security/Owner Info, But sadly I am not able to customize the The ICON which reads "Nickname" at the bottom let of the Locked screen.
    How do I change or remove it.

Default Re: How to change or remove the icon which says NickName in the lock Screen of Micromax Bolt A089

I'm not too familiar with this device, but might this be another account? Maybe you have a different user set up named 'Nickname' and you have that 'quick access' in the lockscreen? Also, try looking for "Lockscreen Shortcuts" in the Lockscreen settings.

Smile Re: How to change or remove the icon which says NickName in the lock Screen of Micromax Bolt A089

hey, that's exactly my question too..doing research..will be glad to contribute my findings

Default Re: How to change or remove the icon which says NickName in the lock Screen of Micromax Bolt A089

no..that "nickname" text with a puppy face as pic came out of the box..

Lightbulb Re: How to change or remove the icon which says NickName in the lock Screen of Micromax Bolt A089

1. Just Click and Drag the Icon down Words !
    2. Then Drag Scroll towards right.
    3. You see + icon click and options are visible.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by M Mitra View Post
    thanks dude, it worked
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the solution. I have just registered in order to thank you

Thnks for the solution to drag icon downwards. Solution worked when screen lock was in slide mode. It didn't work when lock was in pattern mode.

Quote Originally Posted by kgcoolguy View Post
    thanks dude, it worked

Default please help me in removing virus from micromax A089

how can i remove virus as well as to set nickname in screenlock in micromax A089

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    When I initially open the locked Screen I get a screen with the Wallpaper, and at the bottom there is Digital Clock on the right and there is a ICON and text which reads " NickName".
    I am able to change the wallpaper from settings/Display/Wallpaper/lock screen Wallpaper..and also there is option to put a name in the wallpaper thru Settings/Security/Owner Info, But sadly I am not able to customize the The ICON which reads "Nickname" at the bottom let of the Locked screen.
    How do I change or remove it.

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by M Mitra View Post
    it worked!! But I still dont know how to change my lockscreen's wallpaper. Pls someone teach me. Appreciate it!

Hi all,

The above mentioned steps do not work when the micromax A089 is set to use pattern lock. So how do i change the nickname and nickname photo as well in this case ?