LG G3 T-Mobile to AT&T Compatibility

A

AC Question

Tmobile uses LTE bands 2,4,7,17 and ATT uses 1,2,3,4,5,7,17,29 or at least the new LG G3 offers these bands with these two carriers. My question is will I be losing a lot if I buy a Tmobile one and use for ATT? Tmobile Unlocks after 40 days (fully paid) and ATT does after 60 days (fully paid, no contract) Does ATT actually use the bands 1,3,5,29 which are the ones lacking on the Tmobile G3.

Reason of doing this. Tmobiles International plans are amazing and will be out of the country for 5 months but when im back I want to go back to ATT as they have better service where I live..

Thanks in Advance!!

V.G

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So you want to purchase a T-Mo branded G3 and then switch it to AT&T service down the road...

<Link flagged by SPAM filter> Google search "list of lte networks" and click on the Wikipedia entry at the top.

T-Mo is using Band 4 on the 1700 MHz frequency nationwide for LTE.
AT&T is using Band 4 on 1700 for most traffic, but some Band 17 on 700MHz and some Band 2 on 1900 as regional variations.

My source on radios for the variants is a bit unclear. Hopefully the table I referenced will help you out...

TXZach

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just switched to AT&T from Tmobile today and haven't seen LTE yet. Can anyone clue me in as to if I will ever get 4G LTE? AT&T Customer support says I'm lucky to even get service and its impossible for me to get LTE.

Samsung Galaxy S5

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to AT&T from Tmobile today and haven't seen LTE yet. Can anyone clue me in as to if I will ever get 4G LTE? AT&T Customer support says I'm lucky to even get service and its impossible for me to get LTE.

Samsung Galaxy S5
The LTE Bands are not the same, from what I understand, so you won't be receiving LTE. T-Mobile has an online compatibility checker you can use - we can't post links others I would provide it. Search for T-Mobile Compatibility checker and follow the steps to check compatibility.

VatchEzyy

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
So what I found thanks to you was ATT gsm is 850/1900 (edge, gprs) 850/1900mhz for hspa+ and 700/1700/1900 for LTE

Tmobile is at 1900gsm 1900 hspa+ and 1700MHz for LTE. It looks like an ATT one would work on tmobile no problem it has extra bands. But a Tmobile version might have issues in some area that ATT uses 850gms 700,1900 LTE

vicvega

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I know this post is a few months old but just in case anyone is considering doing this I can confirm that the phone fully works with T-Mobile. I had to get the unlock code from T-Mobile first. Then went to ATT and they set me up. Why did I switch from T-Mobile you may wonder. Too many dead zones. Now I have service everywhere I didn't have before. Just make sure the APN settings match the same exact setting as their G3. My MMS wasn't working and it was due to some spaces in the APN type after the commas which caused my MMS not to work. I figured it out while at the store looking at their G3. So all in all I hope this helps anyone looking to switch.

Cheers!

fungo45

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, this works on AT&T? Your post says t-mobile, but I assume that was a typo.
Curious to know if it can be unlocked other than through t-mobile as it sounds like they won't help unless you're a customer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital