Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default LG G3 T-Mobile to AT&T Compatibility

Tmobile uses LTE bands 2,4,7,17 and ATT uses 1,2,3,4,5,7,17,29 or at least the new LG G3 offers these bands with these two carriers. My question is will I be losing a lot if I buy a Tmobile one and use for ATT? Tmobile Unlocks after 40 days (fully paid) and ATT does after 60 days (fully paid, no contract) Does ATT actually use the bands 1,3,5,29 which are the ones lacking on the Tmobile G3.

Reason of doing this. Tmobiles International plans are amazing and will be out of the country for 5 months but when im back I want to go back to ATT as they have better service where I live..

Thanks in Advance!!

V.G

Default Re: LG G3 T-Mobile to AT&T Compatibility

So you want to purchase a T-Mo branded G3 and then switch it to AT&T service down the road...

<Link flagged by SPAM filter> Google search "list of lte networks" and click on the Wikipedia entry at the top.

T-Mo is using Band 4 on the 1700 MHz frequency nationwide for LTE.
    AT&T is using Band 4 on 1700 for most traffic, but some Band 17 on 700MHz and some Band 2 on 1900 as regional variations.

My source on radios for the variants is a bit unclear. Hopefully the table I referenced will help you out...
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S

Yes sir, Thank you for the response. I want to use the tmobile one as a tmobile phone for a few more months then switch to At&t and continue to use the tmobile branded G3 with ATT.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I just switched to AT&T from Tmobile today and haven't seen LTE yet. Can anyone clue me in as to if I will ever get 4G LTE? AT&T Customer support says I'm lucky to even get service and its impossible for me to get LTE.

Samsung Galaxy S5

Global Posts
    8,105 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by TXZach View Post
    I just switched to AT&T from Tmobile today and haven't seen LTE yet. Can anyone clue me in as to if I will ever get 4G LTE? AT&T Customer support says I'm lucky to even get service and its impossible for me to get LTE.

Samsung Galaxy S5
    The LTE Bands are not the same, from what I understand, so you won't be receiving LTE. T-Mobile has an online compatibility checker you can use - we can't post links others I would provide it. Search for T-Mobile Compatibility checker and follow the steps to check compatibility.

So what I found thanks to you was ATT gsm is 850/1900 (edge, gprs) 850/1900mhz for hspa+ and 700/1700/1900 for LTE

Tmobile is at 1900gsm 1900 hspa+ and 1700MHz for LTE. It looks like an ATT one would work on tmobile no problem it has extra bands. But a Tmobile version might have issues in some area that ATT uses 850gms 700,1900 LTE

Maybe a better question would be, would an AT&T LG G3 be easily unlocked? And with the numbers provided it looks as though ATT would be compatible with Tmobile correct?