Google Calendar Sync app to stop 1 Aug. 2014 now what?

A

AC Question

I just received an email from Google announcing that the Google Calendar Sync app will no longer sync events. I use it to sync events between Outlook and my android.
What can I do to resolve this?
It has been working fine for the past couple of years, I use outlook and have an android and would like to continue to use both.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
We'll have to see if they offer another way to sync between apps. If not, you'll have to use another calendar, or just stick to Outlook.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Azurite320

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I too thought I was in trouble when I got the message from Google.
I uninstalled the soon to be retired Google Calender Sync (bye bye).
I use Gmail and also like to sync my Outlook Calendar on my laptop with the S-Planner standard calendar on my Samsung Galaxy S3.
I had a Microsoft account so I registered my Gmail account on Outlook.Com and also downloaded Outlook Connector (sometimes called hotmail connector) for Outlook 2007.
This gave me another calender on my laptop - so I copied all my future appointments (20 or so) From "Calendar" into the new calender (it's called "nymane's calender in myname@gmail.com" in Outlook2007 MyCalenders.
S-Planner on my GalaxyS3 recognised this (no idea how but very clever) so now when I create a calender entry on the S3 I use the myname@gmail.com account. This means that calender entries now sync both ways just as before and I now have a happy face again :)

Gemdreamer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Well this really sucks!! I had been using Kies and it was working until the Android upgrade but now it wont sync. I then was told to try Google Sync for outlook, I tried installing it but I am having problems installing, but I guess I am just wasting my time since they will stop on August 1st.

What the hell are we suppose to use to sync our Outlook with now? I hope someone soon comes up with an answer, but I have not found one! Samsung should have something for their users to utilize to sync their outlook with their phone.

hilldawg48

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know/recommend some good "free" 3rd Party apps that will Sync Outlook calendar appointments to Android phone?
I've been using Google Calendar Sync version 0.9.4.1 for years without any issues or complaints. Now August 1, 2014 is quickly approaching.

I've been looking for an app that similar to Goggle Calendar sync. I need to sync my work Outlook calendar only to my personal s3 phone.

Please advise and thank you in advance. :)

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
I've been using Google Calendar Sync version 0.9.4.1 for years without any issues or complaints. Now August 1, 2014 is quickly approaching. I've been looking for an app that similar to Goggle Calendar sync. I need to sync my work Outlook calendar only to my personal s3 phone.

While not free ($39.95, one-time after discount), CompanionLink comes with free telephone support if you ever need help. This pays for itself over the years as Google's cloud often makes changes that you can call CompanionLink to understand and address.

CompanionLink syncs Calendar, Contacts, Categories, and Tasks. One user-license installs on up to 3 PCs (home, work, etc), and updates are free.

Productivity guru Tim Ferriss (4-hour Workweek) uses it and has mentioned CompanionLink in his book. It is recommended on independent comparison sites like SyncDroid.net.

More info: CompanionLink's Google Calendar Sync alternative

PM me for a $10 discount code.

Rodney Atkins

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Could you compare your product with other such software, such as GSyncit or OGGSync?

Also, does CompanionLink require Outlook to be open during syncing, or can it run in the back ground like Google Calendar Sync?

Thanks.

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com
Rodney,

Outlook does not have to be open.

Here are some areas where CompanionLink stands out.

• One app syncs contacts, calendar, tasks, categories
  • Works with Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000
  • Free US-based technical support by phone if you need help
  • Map Outlook Categories to multiple Google Calendars
  • Works with Outlook folders or subfolders
  • Supports Exchange setups with Public Folders
  • Works with any Gmail, Google, or Google Apps account
  • Auto-sync automates the process
  • One license lets you install on 3 PCs that you own
  • 90-day money-back guarantee
  • Supporting Google Calendar to Outlook Calendar sync since 2006

hilldawg48

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Since Aug 1 2014 I've been using a free Web-based service that supports two-way syncing between your Outlook and Google accounts call
"synqYa". Does the job for me for free. I only need to sync my work calendar to my personal phone. So far "knock on wood", tool working great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae