Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ICS

Default Can I use unlocked AT&T phone internationally?

My wife is traveling to Scotland later this year. I am upgrading my AT&T phone on Friday (I just pre-ordered the G3 and I am PUMPED), and I'm wondering if I get my old HTC One X unlocked if my wife would be able to user it in Scotland, and how that works. Does she have to get a plan? Can she just buy minutes? Thanks in advance!
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by andyrichter11 View Post
    My wife is traveling to Scotland later this year. I am upgrading my AT&T phone on Friday (I just pre-ordered the G3 and I am PUMPED), and I'm wondering if I get my old HTC One X unlocked if my wife would be able to user it in Scotland, and how that works. Does she have to get a plan? Can she just buy minutes? Thanks in advance!
    Yes, it can be unlocked (check with AT&T to unlock it) and contact the local carrier(s) in Scotland to see who offers the best pricing on plans for the time you are there. AT&T may be able to offer you something without unlocking, but that might be more expensive than going with a local carrier.

Enjoy your G3! Let us know how you like it once you receive it .

Edit: AT&T offers a travel page that allows you to check rates for certain destinations, including Scotland. We can't post those links within the Ask a Question Forum, so Google search "AT&T coverage in Scotland" and you should be presented with their travel page.

Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Can I use unlocked AT&T phone internationally?

Quote Originally Posted by andyrichter11 View Post
    Yes, it can be unlocked (check with AT&T to unlock it) and contact the local carrier(s) in Scotland to see who offers the best pricing on plans for the time you are there. AT&T may be able to offer you something without unlocking, but that might be more expensive than going with a local carrier.

Enjoy your G3! Let us know how you like it once you receive it .

Edit: AT&T offers a travel page that allows you to check rates for certain destinations, including Scotland. We can't post those links within the Ask a Question Forum, so Google search "AT&T coverage in Scotland" and you should be presented with their travel page.

Hope this helps.