Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Android and "Outlook Like" capabilities ?

Hello All,

Question:

I am looking for an App, Program, or something, that will give me "MS Outlook like" abilities when it comes to sending "invites" and "acceptances" for meetings and appointments.

Here is what I mean specifically.....within MS Outlook, or from a Blackberry, if you want to schedule a meeting or an appointment from your calendar, you can send a pre-formatted "invite", or "accept" an invite from someone, by simply pressing a button in the Outlook calendar.

Most in the business world know what I'm talking about, it's been done for years, and is the gold standard in the business world when it comes to setting up meetings and appointments from the desktop with Outlook, and from Blackberry within the default device calendar.

Now that I switched from Blackberry to an Android with 4.4 expecting better than Blackberry, I'm shocked Android does not offer similar. Android's default calendar and email does not have "any" client based calendar meeting "invite" or "accept" features.

- Not interested in web based calendars such as google calendar when it comes to business, so that's not an option. (must be client based)

- Not on MS exchange, so that's not an option.

So for all that are in the business world and familiar with how MS Outlook and Blackberry enable users to send and receive meeting "invites" and "acceptances" for meetings and appointments.......does anyone know of a good App, Program, or other, for Android, that will produce the "invites" and "accepts" that I am referring to?

I can't believe there is nothing out there that is similar for Android users that is "not" cloud based.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Very much appreciated,

TahoeRunner
    07/08/2014
    4:27pm pacific