Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy S5 Touchwiz has stopped working

i have no idea how but every now and then my s5 says that the touchwiz has stopped working, and i cant find any answers for the s5 anywhere. i notice it says that every time i opened up the youtube app.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: S5 Touchwiz has stopped working

That's strange. Are you still using the stock launcher on your phone?
    Boot into recovery mode and wipe the cache partition. To do this, turn off your phone, and then hold power + volume up + home for a few seconds. Now use the volume buttons to navigate the recovery screen and use the power button to select the options.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    That's strange. Are you still using the stock launcher on your phone?
    Boot into recovery mode and wipe the cache partition. To do this, turn off your phone, and then hold power + volume up + home for a few seconds. Now use the volume buttons to navigate the recovery screen and use the power button to select the options.
    i've just done that and chosen wipe the cache partition. but how long would that take because the logo of the recovery android is still there and nothing has "happened"

Edit !
    i just tried to do it again but when i chose power button it didn't work or anything then i accidentally clicked the SD card 'something'

Edit!
    i tried again but wipe cache partition does nothing

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Biesum View Post
    i've just done that and chosen wipe the cache partition. but how long would that take because the logo of the recovery android is still there and nothing has "happened"

Edit !
    i just tried to do it again but when i chose power button it didn't work or anything then i accidentally clicked the SD card 'something'

Edit!
    i tried again but wipe cache partition does nothing
    It will say failed, but you have to reboot. Not sure why Samsung does that.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan