Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AC Question
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default I sent my phone back to the future! Now the battery sucks. Any thoughts?

My name is Marty and this is my first post,
    My friend Doc and I were messing around with stuff we probably shouldn't have and sent about 1.21 gigawatts through the headphone jack of my Galaxy S3. The phone went went blank and I feared it was a total loss. Surprisingly the phone turned back on and I thought all was right in the world. Not the case. I proceeded to mess around with stuff I probably shouldn't have and realized my headphone jack was kaput. That is a bummer but at least my phone still works. Just then my girlfriend Jennifer called me and after swiping to answer I the worst thing happened. I couldn't hear her and she couldn't hear me! Both the microphone and speaker are totally busted. After a few failed attempts troubleshooting the Doc had an idea. "Great Scott!" He shouted. "Just use speaker phone for the rest of your life." Now I have to be that guy in the restaurant trying to figure out if my dad said destiny or density to my mom. Jesus, it was a wonder I was even born. Anyway I can live with that. The strangest thing that was happening was my new text messages were disappearing from the history as if they never existed. It was then that I realized I sent my phone BACK TO THE FUTURE. The phone thought it was 2011. I quickly jumped into the settings and fixed the date and time. One problem solved... I hope. The one thing I cant live with is the battery drain. A full charge jumps to 80% immediately after unplugging and fully depletes in a few hours. I thought a new battery would solve this but it is the same story. I know this is not a common problem but wondering if you guys can help. Future thanks! I have to go now. Doc wants me to meet him at the Twin Pines Mall and he is real particular about the time.
    Thanks!
    belodion likes this.

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: I sent my phone back to the future! Now the battery sucks. Any thoughts?

Hello, what version of Android are you running? Is the phone modded or tampered with (rooted, etc.)? If not, sounds like you need a new phone! When did you get it?

Global Posts
    31,622 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: I sent my phone back to the future! Now the battery sucks. Any thoughts?

Hey Marty:

Some possible fixes:

1. Clear the phones cache in recovery: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

2. Recalibrate the speedometer. You might not be going 88 mph.

3. Factory reset

4. Threaten to send the phone to 1955.

Of those suggestions, I think 1 and 3 have the best chances of working.
    wizzrah likes this.