Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default unfortunately email has stopped

Whenever I try to mark an email as spam or block the sender I keep getting the message "unfortunately email has stopped". I have a Samsung galaxy s4. Anyone else get this message? How can I fix it?

Thanks for any advice!

Default Re: unfortunately email has stopped

Galaxy note2
    ( Unfortunatly email has stopped) when trying to add to spam list on both aol and gmail. deleted both accounts and cleared cache neither worked. Please help

I see the same problem. If I delete a few items from the Spam list (under settings), I can mark more spam.

I think there is a memory limit on how big a spam list the software will accept. I'm looking for a way to make the limit higher.

I have the same issue on Note 2 outlook app. If I block address or domain instant stopped working message.... but I don't think it's a voluminous list I was only able to add 6 before it auto closes maybe a IMAP fail?

I just did an update because I received a message this morning saying I needed to do a system update and now I am constantly getting messages saying "Unfortunately, email has stopped." I called Verizon and it still hasn't been fixed. I would recommend NOT updating.

Same here on my Note3 upon update, only I have Sprint.

Fixed! Aol is my email. Go to mail, settings and then to spam addresses. Hit the garbage can and delete some or all. I deleted all figuring that some were over a year old anyway and the Nigerian royalty who wanted my bank info has moved on.
    Then it works normally. Limited to 200 addresses on mine. Samsung S3.
    I had a few from striking up a conversation to take gold in exchange for nocturnal rodents and pork bellies from someone who was trying to scam me. Apparently taking rodents for gold sounded just fine and he kept trying. Wait for the look on his face when the flying squirrels show up.