Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Madd54
  • 1 Post By Ikram Issa
  • 1 Post By Madd54
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question
    AC Question's Avatar
    Guest

    Default Keyboard not working after update?

    My keyboard isn't working anymore. I accidentally clicked the install button and it updated to Android 4.3. After the update finished, I came back to the home screen to unlock my phone but it didn't work because ''unfortunately keyboard has stopped working''. To solve the issue I hard reset my phone. This only removed the password but my keyboard still doesn't work. I can't download any apps because I can't log in into my email on Google play. So what should I do? Is there any way of resolving this issue myself? Or will I need to take it to repair?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    Hi. What model is it?

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Hi. What model is it?

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    It's a Samsung Galaxy S3

    *I'm the original poster*
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikram Issa View Post
    It's a Samsung Galaxy S3

    *I'm the original poster*
    Welcome to Android Central.
    Have you looked at Controls - Language and Input, and seen if Samsung Keyboard is set as default keyboard. If you have no other keyboards it probably is.
    Also in General - Applications Manager - scroll right to All and see if Samsung Keyboard - Clear Default is available.
    If it is working it should be in the Running list as well. You can clear the Cache on the app there too.
    Are we talking the default Samsung keyboard.
    *EDITED ABOVE
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Welcome to Android Central.
    Have you looked at Controls - Language and Input, and seen if Samsung Keyboard is set as default keyboard. If you have no other keyboards it probably is.
    Also in General - Applications Manager - scroll right to All and see if Samsung Keyboard - Clear Default is available.
    If it is working it should be in the Running list as well. You can clear the Cache on the app there too.
    Are we talking the default Samsung keyboard.
    *EDITED ABOVE
    Yah, the samsung keyboard is the default keyboard. It is in the running list but it still doesn't work. I've already tried clearing the cache and the app date but it still doesn't work. Yep, the default keyboard.

    I checked to see which services are running. The only service that is running is SamsungKeypad-Input Method. Is this the correct one??

    My entire phone has been lagging since the update. It's extremely slow. What's wrong with it??
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    I need more help with this. - - - - - ^

    I will search elsewhere but in the meantime try to hold on for more responses here. Some more experienced members and ambassadors will also see this but are on differing times.

    Just to be clear: was there Data in the app info (about 19mb) and did you clear that as well as the cache data, or you meant you just cleared the cache. It would warn you before removing the app data. I think it only saves your saved words and preferences but I am not sure.
    Hopefully it's an easy fix. Bear with us.
    ADDED
    Also in relation to the update lag, you say you reset, but normally you could untick all the sync options in Google Account if they're on. You haven't been able to log in, but its trying to sync everything. Also disable the Google + app temporarily. It's 'normal' after KitKat for a couple of days, and the update resets all the sync prefences.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I need more help with this. - - - - - ^

    I will search elsewhere but in the meantime try to hold on for more responses here. Some more experienced members and ambassadors will also see this but are on differing times.

    Just to be clear: was there Data in the app info (about 19mb) and did you clear that as well as the cache data, or you meant you just cleared the cache. It would warn you before removing the app data. I think it only saves your saved words and preferences but I am not sure.
    Hopefully it's an easy fix. Bear with us.
    The data is 48KB. I cleared both the app data and cache (8KB). It did warn me before I removed all the app data.

    Okay, I'll remain patient for some replies.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikram Issa View Post
    The data is 48KB. I cleared both the app data and cache (8KB). It did warn me before I removed all the app data.

    Okay, I'll remain patient for some replies.
    You can download a keyboard to the phone from the Play Store on a pc with your account. It should recognise your device or ask you to verify. Leave data or wifi on. Once your phone is up and running the Samsung apps will re download the default.
    There are one or two Samsung keyboards in Play Store, it has one for my Samsung Note 3, but if they don't work try SwiftKey. Every one loves it, and is the one I use.
    I hope you can get to a pc and your Google account, then Play Store.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    You can download a keyboard to the phone from the Play Store on a pc with your account. It should recognise your device or ask you to verify. Leave data or wifi on. Once your phone is up and running the Samsung apps will re download the default.
    There are one or two Samsung keyboards in Play Store, it has one for my Samsung Note 3, but if they don't work try SwiftKey. Every one loves it, and is the one I use.
    I hope you can get to a pc and your Google account, then Play Store.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I already tried that before I made this post. It doesn't work because I'm not logged in to my gmail account on my phone :/ And since I can't type in my email details on my phone there probably is no way around it. Or am I going about it the wrong way?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    Yes you're right. And you have to be on a device to write here. I thought this would be easy.
    Stick around. I will 'bump' this post occasionally while at work.

    This Q&A is a new section here.

    If you want and have time, you can put this question and say hello in Introductions, under Android Central Community. AC members, ambassadors and moderators respond there.
    Also the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums (I searched for similar issues there), and General Help and How To.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    BUMP

    Extra input welcome!
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Yes you're right. And you have to be on a device to write here. I thought this would be easy.
    Stick around. I will 'bump' this post occasionally while at work.

    This Q&A is a new section here.

    If you want and have time, you can put this question and say hello in Introductions, under Android Central Community. AC members, ambassadors and moderators respond there.
    Also the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums (I searched for similar issues there), and General Help and How To.
    I've reposted this on the s3 forum. Hopefully, I can get some responses over there. I'll also call up the my country's technical support centre to see whether they are able to resolve my phone's issue (they probably won't answer the phone though as usual).
    Madd54 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    BUMP

    Extra input welcome!
    I've called Samsung technical support in my country and they said I need to take my phone in so they can reinstall my phone's firmware. So my issue will be solved shortly. Thanks for the advice.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikram Issa View Post
    I've called Samsung technical support in my country and they said I need to take my phone in so they can reinstall my phone's firmware. So my issue will be solved shortly. Thanks for the advice.
    Thanks. You would generally get some good input over 1 - 3 days on the regular thread you started in the Samsung S3 forums. The new Q&A section is trying to answer new people quickly.

    Come back to the forums when you are sorted.

    Give the SwiftKey keyboard a try.

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Keyboard not working after update?

    I have the same problem, i want to avoid contacting the samsung support, what should i do?

Similar Threads

  1. Setting up new S4 Zoom- Play Store refusing to work???
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 08:57 AM
  2. Sync Issues After Recent Note 3 (Verizon) Upgrade
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 06:51 AM
  3. LG L90 does not find backup on the phone
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions